How to Apply
It's a competitive process that involves many stages.
You can find out more about each stage below, to help you prepare.
Application . . .
Applications are now open and close 23rd October 2018.
First you’ll need to open the inspector advertisement from our current job vacancies and select apply online.
Complete all required fields in the application form and remember to attach your resume.
Your resume is the first piece of information we’ll see about you. It needs to be concise and align your skills and experience with the job description. Remember to include your:
- personal details - full name, preferred name, location and contact details
- education - qualifications, institutions, dates of study, majors and academic average
- work experience - industry or non-industry related
- skills - include any technical skills you have gained
- extracurricular activities – for example, sporting, volunteering, social, community or university engagement
Video Interview . . .
You’ll participate in a recorded question and answer-style video interview. We will ask you to answer 3-4 questions with less than two minutes each to provide us with a snap shot of why you would like to be a WorkSafe Inspector.
Online Assessments . . .
You’ll need to complete a series of online aptitude assessments.
Assessment Centre . . .
We will hold half-day Assessment Centre's between the 12th and 15th November 2018. This involves:
- meeting business leaders and current inspectors to find out more about us. This is also a great opportunity to ask questions
- an individual activity
- group activities
- role play a real-life inspector scenario
Psychometric Assessment . . .
You will complete an online psychometric assessment. There is no pass or fail for this assessment. Your responses help us learn more about you and understand your preferred working style.
Interview . . .
If you are successful to the interview stage you would participate in a 45-minute interview with a panel of representatives from across WorkSafe. These will be held between the 26th and 30th November 2018.
Remember, this is also a chance to ask us questions to ensure the work, the team and our culture are right for you.
Background Checks . . .
We will ask you to complete a background check, medical and provide the details of two referees for us to contact.
Job Offer . . .
We may then call to offer you a role as a WorkSafe Health and Safety Inspector.
Induction Program and Probation . . .
If you are successful as a WorkSafe Inspector, then you must be available to commit to a 3-4 month, full-time induction program.
You’ll be on a six month probation period, inclusive of the induction program.