If you’re looking for an organisation that’s clear about its purpose and plays a vital role in the community, then WorkSafe Victoria is the right place for you. We have a very clear vision – Victorian workers returning home safe every day. We’re passionate about what we do and the importance of realising this vision.
- strives to prevent workplace injuries, illness and fatalities
- provides benefits to injured workers and helps them return to work
- enforces Victoria’s occupational health and safety and accident compensation laws (including relevant Commonwealth laws)
- provides reasonably priced workplace injury insurance for employers
- manages the Victorian workers compensation scheme
- provides an emergency response service that operates 24 hours a day every day across Victoria
We employ over 1000 people in a range of roles and have achieved the best workplace safety record in Australia. We’re proud of this and are passionate about taking it even further, until every Victorian returns home safe every day. By 2018, WorkSafe will be relocating to Geelong, and as we continue to grow and evolve we’re looking for people across a wide range of roles, to help us continue the great work we’ve been doing.